üíFacial year 2003
Peer reviewed papers
1. Measurements of skin blood flow using a laser Doppler flowmeter with an integrating probe. Y. Nagashima, Y. Yada, T. Suzuki, T. Saitoh and K. Sasaki: Jpn. J. Appl. Physiol., 32: 275-281, 2002.
2. Orexin-A (hypocretin-1) impairs Morris water maze performance and CA1-Schaffer collateral long-term potentiation in rats. S. Aou, X.-L. Li, A.-J. Li, Y. Oomura, T. Shiraishi, K. Sasaki, T. Imamura and M.J. Wayner: Neuroscience, 119: 1221-1228, 2003.
3. Effects of leptin on hypothalamic arcuate neurons in Wistar and Zucker Rats: An in vitro study. K. Nagamori, M. Ishibashi, T. Shiraishi, Y. Oomura and K. Sasaki: J. Exp. Biol. Med., 228: 1162-1167, 2003.
4. Brain lipid hydroperoxide level increases in senescence-accelerated mice at an early age. Neurosci. Lett., F. Yasui, M. Ishibashi, S. Matsugo, S. Kojo, Y. Oomura and K. Sasaki: 350: 66-68, 2003.
5. Demonstration of fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 in rat adrenal gland as revealed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistry. M. Iwami, I. Tooyama, A. Kinoshita, A. Matsuo, Y. Oomura, K. Sasaki and H. Kimura: Acta Histochem. Cytochem., 36: 353-359, 2003.
6. Developing an instrument to support oral care in the elderly: A preliminary study. Y. Sumi, K. Nakajima, T. Tamura, M. Nagaya, Y. Michikawa: Gerodontolgy, 20: 3-8, 2003.
7. An oral care training system for caregivers. K. Nakajima, Y. Sumi, T. Tamura: Gerontechnology, 2: 263-266, 2003.
8. Ameliorative effects of acetyl-L-carnitine and acidic fibroblast growth factor fragment analog on brain lipid hydroperoxide level, passive avoidance learning and/or immunoreactivity for choline acetyltransferase in the medial septum in senescence-accelerated miceüDK. Sasaki, M. Ishibashi, F. Yasui, S. Matsugo, I. Tooyama, H. Kimura and Y. Oomura: Int'l. Cong. Series, in press.
9. Analysis of the oxidative stress state in the brain and peripheral organs of senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM) model. S. Matsugo, Y. Yasui and K. Sasaki: Int'l. Cong. Series, in press.
1. A training system of oral care support equipment for caregivers. K. Nakajima, Y. Sumi, T. Tamura: Gerontechnology 2002: p.154, 2002.
2. A simple evaluation method for pressure distribution with the tactile sensor in bedridden patient. S. Tsukamoto, M. Nambu, K. Nakajima, T. Tamura: Gerontechnology 2002: p.150, 2002.
3. Exercise system for the elderly using virtual reality. M. Nambu, T. Suenaga, K. Nakajima, T. Tamura: Gerontechnology 2002: p.93, 2002.
1. Actions of CART on neuronal activity of the ventral tegmental area in rats. K. Sasaki, Y. Otsubo, M. Ishibashi and Y. Oomura: Annual Meeting of IBNS, San Juan, Puerto Rico, April, 2003.
2. Usability of PC in elderly care (case of Japanese rural area) . M. Nambu, M. Tsuji, K. Nakajima, M. Akihiro, Y. Higashi, T. Fujimoto, T. Tamura: Mini-seminar on IT in health care Vardal foundationüCStockholm, Sweden, June, 2003.
3. Demonstrate the therapeutic doll. T. Tamura, K. Nakajima, Y. Higashi: Mini-seminar on IT in health care Vardal foundation, Stockholm, Sweden, June, 2003.
4. Ameliorative effects of acidic fibroblast growth factor and acetylcarnitine on learning and memory deficits in SAMP8. K. Sasaki, S. Matsugo, I. Tooyama, H. Kimura and Y. Oomura: 2nd Int. Conf. on Senescence: The SAM Model, Sapporo, Japan, July, 2003.
5. Analysis of the oxidative stress state in the brain and peripheral organs of senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM) model. S. Matsugo, F. Yasui and K. Sasaki: 2nd Int. Conf. on Senescence: The SAM Model, Sapporo, Japan, July, 2003.
6. Effect of cocaine-amphetamine-regulated transcript on neuronal activity of the ventral tegmental area in rats. K. Sasaki, S. Otsubo, M. Ishibashi, N. Shimizu and Y. Oomura: 33rd Annual Meeting for Soc. of Neurosci., New Orleans, USA, Nov., 2003.
7. Effect of orexin on neuronal activity of the thalamic paraventricular nucleus in rats. M. Ishibashi, S. Takano, H. Yanagita, K. Muramoto, Y. Oomura and K. Sasaki: 33rd Annual Meeting for Soc. of Neurosci., New Orleans, USA, Nov., 2003.
8. Spatial correlates of monkey hippocampal neurons during navigation in a virtual space. H. Nishijo, K. Kazui, E. Hori, E. Tabuchi, K. Umeno, K. Sasaki and T. Ono: 33rd Annual Meeting for Soc. of Neurosci., New Orleans, USA, Nov., 2003.